Latest News & Notices
Result of Final Examination 2076 published
Book-List for Academic Session - 2077
Admission Form Open For Class Six For Academic Year 2077
Notice* Dashain-Tihar Vacation Homework for various classes
Vacancy for the Post of Teacher
Notice For interview (Vacancy Result)
Vacancy for The Post of Teacher and Staff
Admission Notice For Class 11 Science & Management
Admission open for class 11
Inter-school Basketball Tournament Kicks off Today!
Final Result of vacancy
SAAN CHITWAN UNIT
Vacancy For Teaching & Non-teaching staffs
फर्निचरका सामाग्री खरिद सम्बन्धि वोलपत्र आव्हानको सूचना
Congratulations to the students of Grade 8
Sainik Awasiya Mahavidyalaya Chainpur, Chitwan (SAM Chitwan) is an English medium co-educational institution run by the Welfare Planning Directorate of Nepalese Army. SAM Chitwan is a semi-residential type of school. Whereas all the male students are residential (staying in the hostel inside the school campus), the female students are day boarders (only taking classes during school study hours).
SAM Chitwan was inaugurated by General Chhatra Man Singh Gurung, the then Chief of the Army Staff, Nepal Army in a midst of an auspicious gathering of the senior Army officials, teachers, students, parents and other dignitaries on 17th July, 2012 (02nd Shrawan, 2069).
SAM Chitwan is the sixth in the chain of Sainik Awasiya Mahavidyalayas (SAMs) in the country established as the representative school of Mid Division of Nepalese Army. SAMVs are established with a noble theme of "imparting education is the biggest service" throughout the country. With the same spirit and motto, SAM Chitwan was established to provide the quality education to all the children of Army personnel (On service and Ex-serviceman as well) along with civilians. We, believe and, are committed to produce the multi-talented, disciplined and patriot citizens for the country who can lead in the various avenues of the national society and international horizons as well.
Located in the heart of the country and one of the facilitated districts, Chitwan, SAM Chitwan has its own premises with all the necessary infrastructures for a world-class school. Spacious playgrounds, swimming pools, assembly area, hostel, dining hall, conference hall, library, laboratories, audio-visual resource room, music room, infirmary and secured campus are the salient features of this school apart from the regular class rooms and other resources. The main objective of all these added facilities is to provide opportunity to the students to develop their mental and physical strengths to excel in their fields of specialty.
Currently, there are 705 students studying in SAM Chitwan .The Mahavidyalaya runs classes from grade 6 to 12 with three sections in each class except in grade 11 and 12. The plus two wing has Science and Management streams .Each class is divided into three sections, which are named after the wildlife respecting the wildlife of Chitwan National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to implant the feeling of consciousness towards conservation among the students. Being the school running under Nepalese Army Welfare Fund, the school has reserved the seats for the children of Army personnel. 60% of the total seats are reserved for the Army personnel while remaining 40% seats are open for the civil students. The enrolment of new students takes place in grade 6 and 11 once a year on the basis of entrance examination followed by medical examination and interview. New admission opens every March-April (Falgun-Chaitra) and the notice is also published in the national newspapers.